The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to summarize the ways in which the owner of this site, WiredAuthority.com, collects, maintains, and uses your information.
How We Collect Your Information
Information We Collect
We collect various types of Customer Information. A summary of the types of information that we collect is set forth below:
- Customer Contact Information. Your Customer Contact Information is any information needed to contact you and fulfill your orders and requests such as your name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address.
- Private Customer Information. Private Customer Information is that information that may be necessary to check credit and process payments. Such information includes your Social Security Number, credit card information, and banking and wiring information.
- Customer Order Information. Customer Order Information is that information necessary to complete your orders and requests for information. Such information may include your Customer Contact Information, programming and packaging selections, your billing and shipping information, as well as other details pertaining to your order of products and services through us.
- Demographic Information. Demographic Information is publicly available information that we may learn about you regarding such things as your age, income, home ownership, household size, etc. that helps us to provide you with better offers for products and services.
- Website Usage Information. Website Usage Information is information that we collect, via anonymous third-party cookies, that tells us about the way you use and navigate through our websites.
Cookies we use
We use the following cookies on this Website:
- user-input cookies – cookies used to keep track of a user’s input. For example, the completion of a multi-page form, or a shopping basket on an e-commerce website.
- authentication cookies – cookies used to identify a user once he has logged in to a website. But cookies used to “remember me” to avoid the need to log in for future visits are not considered “essential.”
- user-centric security cookies – for example, cookies used to detect the number of failed log-ins to a service specifically requested by a user.
- multimedia player session cookies – cookies used to store technical information (for example network speed, quality and buffering) needed to play video or audio content requested by the user. This might include Flash cookies.
- load-balancing session cookies used to manage server load balancing. This would fall within the first bullet above (the transmission of a communication).
- UI customization cookies – cookies used to remember preferences specifically set by a user (for example, language or display preferences set using a button or tick box) and not linked to other data such as the user’s username.
- social media content sharing cookies – cookies used by social media plug-ins to identify users that are logged in to social media networks and which are used to enable them to share content using that social media network. These cookies should only persist for so long as the user is logged in or until they close their browser.
- social plug-in tracking cookies – cookies used to track the activity of logged-in users of social networks (for example, for the purposes of targeted advertising, or analytics, etc.).
- third party advertising – cookies used for third party advertising (that is, advertising served by a domain outside the website in question).
- first-party analytics –first-party Analytics cookies (for example, those used for Google Analytics) are not essential and therefore require consent.
Categories of Cookies we use
The cookies we use fall into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to this Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to this Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Third-Party Cookies. In addition to the cookies listed above, we also use third-party cookies for performance and functional purposes, to provide additional functionality and to make it easier for you to share content on this Website. These are cookies that are set by a third party when you access this Website and controlled by that third party.
Accepting and rejecting cookies
We implemented a variety of encryption and security technologies and procedures to protect information stored in our computer systems from unauthorized access. We also maintain procedural safeguards that restrict access to your Customer Information to employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who need to know your Customer Information to provide the products and services that you request.
Additional PCI Requirement as a Service Provider.
We acknowledge to our customers that we are responsible for the security of cardholder data we possess or otherwise store, process, or transmit on behalf of the customer, or to the extent that we could impact the security of the customer’s cardholder data environment.
Use and sharing of Customer Information
All your Customer Information is used in an effort to process your orders and requests and to provide you with the products and services you desire. We may share your Customer Information with third parties to complete your purchases of products and services as described below. In addition, your Customer Information may be used and shared in an effort to present to you other special offers and promotions that may become available. The extent to which we use and share your Customer Information depends upon the nature of and purpose for which we use and share it. A summary of how we share your Customer Information with third parties is set forth as follows:
- With Third-Party Product and Service Providers. We share your Customer Information, as needed, to the third parties who provide the products and services you request. We frequently act as a third-party marketer and seller of various brand name products and services, and we provide these companies with the information necessary to carry out your orders. How these companies use your Customer Information, once we have passed it on to them, is governed by their respective privacy policies and procedures.
- With Third-Party Advertisers. Although we never share your Private Customer Information with any third parties, except with the Third-Party Product and Service Providers described above, we may share other types of your Customer Information with third-party advertisers who are able to use that information to provide you with special offers or promotions. The ways in which such advertisers may subsequently use your Customer Information is governed by their own privacy policies and procedures. You may opt out from having us share your Customer Information with third-party advertisers by following the steps in the next section. Additionally, we may share information with third parties for the purpose of preventing fraud and scams.
- With Third-Party Cookies. We allow third parties to collect anonymous information when you visit our website and to use that information to serve ads for our products or services when you visit the other websites. These third parties may use anonymous information (e.g., navigational, non-personally identifiable information, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, etc.) during your visits to our website to provide advertisements about our goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These parties may use a cookie or a third-party web beacon, or other technologies, to collect this information.